Difference between revisions of "Developer resources"
Revision as of 00:27, 14 September 2013
Ways to contact people
- ZFS experts
- Mailing list
- IRC: #openzfs on freenode
- Twitter: @openzfs
- Office hours: rotating the leader/owner
- Pointers to other mailing lists and repos?
- Test framework
- One of our goals is to reduce code differences.
- List of platform code differences
- Links to source code are on the Distributions page
- Architectural/high-level documentation about general OpenZFS concepts
Links to documentation on other websites:
- The ZFS On-Disk Format document is a good overview, although sorely out of date
- The source tour describes the various subcomponents in ZFS.
- Blog posts on specific ZFS features
Repo-Specific Developer Documentation
- Illumos integration process
- Information about how to develop ZFS for the different distributions/pointers to them (e.g., how to build illumos)
- In particular, documentation about how to test and possibly scripts for building
- Needs to be written/links provided by reps from those communities