Revision as of 00:42, 23 August 2013 by Csiden (Created page with "* 2001 - Development of ZFS starts at [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Microsystems Sun Microsystems] with 2 engineers. * 2005 - Source code released as part of [http://en.wi...")
- 2001 - Development of ZFS starts at Sun Microsystems with 2 engineers.
- 2005 - Source code released as part of OpenSolaris.
- 2006 - Development of FUSE port for Linux started.
- 2008 - Port to FreeBSD released as part of FreeBSD 7.0.
- 2008 - Development of native Linux port started.
- 2010 - OpenSolaris is discontinued. Further development of ZFS on Solaris is no longer open source.
- 2010 - illumos is founded as the truly open source successor to OpenSolaris, and continues to develop ZFS in the open. Ports of ZFS to other platforms continue porting upstream changes from illumos.
- 2012 - Feature flags are introduced to replace legacy on-disk version numbers, enabling easier distributed evolution of the ZFS on-disk format to support new features.
- 2013 - OpenZFS project is officially announced.