OpenZFS Developer Summit
The second annual OpenZFS Developer Summit will be held in San Francisco, November 10-11, 2014. All OpenZFS developers are invited to participate.
The goal of the event is to foster cross-community discussions of OpenZFS work and to make progress on some of the projects we have proposed. This 2-day event will consist of 1 day of presentation (Nov 10) and a 1-day hackathon (Nov 11).
Details about registration, proposing presentations, deadlines, and sponsorship opportunities are provided on this page.
Register at 2014 OpenZFS Developer Summit EventBrite
- Registration closes on September 26, 2014
All attendees are expected to contribute/participate.
If you want to give a talk, submit a proposal via email to admin at open-zfs dot org by Sept 8, 2014. You’ll submit a 1-2 paragraph abstract, Matt will review all of the submissions and select talks that will be most interesting for the audience, Matt will notify the submitters about the result, and the presentation details will be posted on the site.
|Sept 8, 2014||All abstract/proposals submitted to admin at open-zfs dot org|
|Sept 19, 2014||Matt will notify all submitters about the disposition of their proposal|
|Sept 26, 2014||Conference registration closes|
|Oct 17, 2014||Agenda finalized|
|Nov 10-11, 2014||OpenZFS Developer Summit|
Thanks to last year's sponsors who have already committed to sponsoring the 2014 event:
- Breakfast, $200/day (2 days needed)
- Lunch, $700/day (1 day needed)
- Coffee Break, $200/day (2 days needed)
- Cash Donation for expenses
Other ways to sponsor
- Photographing the event
- Video recording and streaming the presentations
- Design the conference t-shirt
- Host the event if we need a larger venue
- Help with setup/administrative tasks related to the conference
What you get for sponsoring
- Your name, logo, and link on the event page on open-zfs.org
- Your name, logo, and link on the announcement email (if possible)
- Mentioned as a thank you during the opening and closing of the event
- Space to put your pop-up banner at the event
- An opportunity to be known as a OpenZFS supporter in a very talented and influential community
- Thank you FreeBSD Foundation
- Beer Bash
- T-Shirts - Thank you Delphix
Please send email to admin at open-zfs dot org if you would like to sponsor the event.
The goals of the hackathon are:
- to get people working with ZFS engineers from outside their normal circles
- to start work on some of the projects we'd like to accomplish
Therefore, we should plan to work in small teams of 2-3 engineers. The team members could be pair-programming, splitting up the work into discrete tasks for each person, or advising / implementing.
Add your idea and your name below. Be prepared to explain your idea at the beginning of the hackathon and enlist/entice others to help with it.
The event will most likely be in San Francisco.
The specific location will be confirmed after registration closes and we know how large a venue we need. We'll update the site in late September/early October as we finalize details.
We will finalize the schedule after the talks are selected, but the rough schedule will be:
|Sunday, November 9, 2014||~6:30pm||Optional dinner (location: TBD)|
|Monday, November 10, 2014||8:30am - 9:00am||Breakfast/Registration|
|9:00am - noon||Presentations|
|noon - 1pm||Lunch|
|1pm - 5:45pm||Presentations|
|5:45 - 6:00pm||Closing remarks|
|6:30||Beer bash & casual dinner at conference venue|
|Tuesday, November 11, 2014||9:00am - 5:00pm||Hackathon|
|5:00 - 5:45pm||Hackathon presentations|
|6:00pm||Optional dinner (location: TBD)|
Note that the optional, off-site dinners on Sunday and Tuesday are at your own expense.
For information about last year's event, see the OpenZFS Developer Summit 2013 page.