OpenZFS Developer Summit
The second annual OpenZFS Developer Summit will be held in San Francisco, November 10-11, 2014. All OpenZFS developers are invited to participate.
The goal of the event is to foster cross-community discussions of OpenZFS work and to make progress on some of the projects we have proposed. This 2-day event will consist of 1 day of presentation (Nov 10) and a 1-day hackathon (Nov 11).
Details about registration, proposing presentations, deadlines, and sponsorship opportunities are provided on this page.
Register at 2014 OpenZFS Developer Summit EventBrite
- Registration closes on September 26, 2014
All attendees are expected to contribute/participate.
We are pleased to announce the following speakers at the 2014 OpenZFS Developer Summit:
|ZFS on Linux||Brian Behlendorf||LLNL|
|ZFS on OSv||Raphael Carvalho||Cloudius|
|Fast File Cloning||Pavel Zakharov||Imation|
|Host-Aware SMR||Jim Hughes||Seagate|
|Device Removal||Alex Reece & Matt Ahrens||Delphix|
|Performance||Adam Leventhal & George Wilson||Delphix|
|Company Lightning Talks||various||various|
|Sept 26, 2014||Conference registration closes|
|Oct 10, 2014||Agenda finalized|
|Nov 10-11, 2014||OpenZFS Developer Summit|
Thanks to last year's sponsors who have already committed to sponsoring the 2014 event:
Thanks to our new sponsors for the 2014 event:
Sponsorship opportunities available
- Cash donation for miscellaneous expenses such as hackathon prizes and conference badges (any donation amount would be great!)
Other ways to sponsor
- Photographing the event
- Video recording and streaming the presentations
- Host the event if we need a larger venue
- Help with setup/administrative tasks related to the conference
What you get for sponsoring
- Your name, logo, and link on the event page on open-zfs.org
- Your name, logo, and link on the announcement email (if possible)
- Mentioned as a thank you during the opening and closing of the event
- Space to put your pop-up banner at the event
- An opportunity to be known as a OpenZFS supporter in a very talented and influential community
- Breakfast Both Days
- Thank you iXsystems
- Coffee Breaks Both Days
- Thank you iXsystems
- Beer Bash
- Thank you Delphix
- Additional Sponsorship
- Thank you Seagate
- Conference T-shirt Design
- Thank you Aaron Holding
- Thank you Syneto
Please send email to admin at open-zfs dot org if you would like to sponsor the event.
The goals of the hackathon are:
- to get people working with ZFS engineers from outside their normal circles
- to start work on some of the projects we'd like to accomplish
Therefore, we should plan to work in small teams of 2-3 engineers. The team members could be pair-programming, splitting up the work into discrete tasks for each person, or advising / implementing.
Add your idea and your name below. Be prepared to explain your idea at the beginning of the hackathon and enlist/entice others to help with it.
The event will most likely be in San Francisco.
The specific location will be confirmed after registration closes and we know how large a venue we need. We'll update the site in late September/early October as we finalize details.
We will finalize the schedule after the talks are selected, but the rough schedule will be:
|Sunday, November 9, 2014||~6:30pm||Optional dinner (location: TBD)|
|Monday, November 10, 2014||8:30am - 9:00am||Breakfast/Registration|
|9:00am - noon||Presentations|
|noon - 1pm||Lunch|
|1pm - 5:45pm||Presentations|
|5:45 - 6:00pm||Closing remarks|
|6:30||Beer bash & casual dinner at conference venue|
|Tuesday, November 11, 2014||9:00am - 5:00pm||Hackathon|
|5:00 - 5:45pm||Hackathon presentations|
|6:00pm||Optional dinner (location: TBD)|
Note that the optional, off-site dinners on Sunday and Tuesday are at your own expense.
For information about last year's event, see the OpenZFS Developer Summit 2013 page.