OpenZFS Developer Summit
Registration is now closed. If you would like to inquire about remaining space, email email@example.com.
All attendees are expected to contribute/participate.
We are pleased to announce the following speakers at the 2014 OpenZFS Developer Summit:
|ZFS on Linux||Brian Behlendorf||LLNL|
|ZFS on OSv||Raphael Carvalho||Cloudius|
|Fast File Cloning||Pavel Zakharov||Imation|
|Host-Aware SMR||Tim Feldman||Seagate|
|Device Removal||Alex Reece & Matt Ahrens||Delphix|
|Performance||Adam Leventhal & George Wilson||Delphix|
|libzfs_core and ioctl stabalization||Richard Yao||ClusterHQ|
|Company Lightning Talks||various||various|
Note: Day 1 and Day 2 of the event will take place in different locations a 10 minute walk apart.
On Monday, November 10, 2014 the event will take place at the Children’s Creativity Museum
On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 the event will consist of the hackathon and related activities and will take place at the Delphix San Francisco Office
|Sunday, November 9, 2014||~6:30pm||Optional dinner (location TBD, email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested)|
|Monday, November 10, 2014||9:00am - 9:30am||Breakfast/Registration|
|9:30am - 9:40am||Keynote|
|9:40am - 11:30am||Platform Talks and Q&A|
|11:30am - 12:15pm||Lunch|
|12:15pm - 4:15pm||Presentations|
|4:15pm - 5:45pm||Company Lightning Talks|
|6:00pm - 8:00pm||Beer Bash & Casual Dinner|
|Tuesday, November 11, 2014||9:00am - 9:30am||Breakfast|
|9:30am - 12:00pm||Hackathon|
|12:00pm - 1:00pm||Lunch|
|1:00pm - 4:30pm||Hackathon|
|4:30pm - 5:30pm||Hackathon Presentations and Awards|
|6:00pm||Optional dinner (location: TBD)|
Note that the optional, off-site dinners on Sunday and Tuesday are at your own expense.
Thanks to last year's sponsors who have already committed to sponsoring the 2014 event:
Thanks to our new sponsors for the 2014 event:
Sponsorship opportunities available
- Cash donation for miscellaneous expenses (any donation amount would be great!)
Other ways to sponsor
- Photographing the event
- Video recording and streaming the presentations
What you get for sponsoring
- Your name, logo, and link on the event page on open-zfs.org
- Your name, logo, and link on the announcement email (if possible)
- Mentioned as a thank you during the opening and closing of the event
- Space to put your pop-up banner at the event
- An opportunity to be known as a OpenZFS supporter in a very talented and influential community
- Breakfast Both Days
- Thank you iXsystems
- Coffee Breaks Both Days
- Thank you iXsystems
- Beer Bash
- Thank you Delphix
- Additional Monetary Sponsorship
- Conference T-shirt Design
- Thank you Aaron Holding
- Thank you Syneto
- Hackathon Prizes
- Thank you Nexenta
Please send email to admin at open-zfs dot org if you would like to sponsor the event.
The goals of the hackathon are:
- to get people working with ZFS engineers from outside their normal circles
- to start work on some of the projects we'd like to accomplish
Therefore, we should plan to work in small teams of 2-3 engineers. The team members could be pair-programming, splitting up the work into discrete tasks for each person, or advising / implementing.
Add your idea and your name below. Be prepared to explain your idea at the beginning of the hackathon and enlist/entice others to help with it.
- Channel Programs - continuation of work from last year's hackathon
- "get next file" syscall
- iterates in object # order, opening next file; zfs prefetches dnodes
- could speed up operations that need to operate on every file in a filesystem, e.g. "chmod -r"
- Porting Party - learn how to contribute changes to a new platform
OpenZFS Developer Summit is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference at the discretion of the conference organizers.
For information about last year's event, see the OpenZFS Developer Summit 2013 page.